Slava Ukraini! Our Support for Ukraine
Please donate to the British Red Cross Ukraine Appeal: https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal
Support the free Ukrainian press: https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-ukraines-media-going
Check your purchases; do you know where the money ends up?
Write to your local MP.
Use social media for good!
Like many British businesses, we've had a week of powerful introspection and a desire to do do something meaningful to help the growing crisis in Ukraine.
To support Ukraine, and the Ukrainian people, we've committed to a series of actions.
1. We're donating to the British Red Cross, DEC (Disasters Emergency Committee) Ukraine Appeal.
This appeal is the most targeted for humanitarian aid and you can read more about how the donations are used by following the link above.
2. We're also supporting a GoFundme campaign to help the free Ukraine media.
Putin, like all despots, is crushing access to information and stamping out dissenting voices throughout Russia and its area of influence. The Ukrainian media have heroically kept reporting, often from the most dangerous front lines in the war, and this fund is to help them keep operating.
As publishers ourselves, we stand for freedom of press.
3. We've audited our entire supply chain and vow to remove any Russian businesses and suppliers, now and for the foreseeable future.
A coffee business has a surprisingly complex supply chain, stretching around the globe. But unlike a lot of coffee companies, we're able to control our supply chain for one main reason: traceability.
Our coffee is fully traceable right down to the farmer that produces it, and so we can audit the entire supply chain from farm to cup.
Many coffee companies can't do this because they trade in high volume commodity coffee that's mass-produced.
Top tip: if you want to know you've got traceable coffee, your seller should be able to give you the name of the coffee farmer or cooperative.
4. We'll be writing to our local MP to insist that the government step up their military and humanitarian support for Ukraine as well as cleaning out dirty Russian money from UK businesses through sanctions and legislation.
We'll make a copy of the letter available as a template once we've finished it.
5. We're using our small platform to make noise.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Leave a comment